Thursday, July 29, 2010

Apparently Junk Makes Art?


Artist James Castle 

Even though I have always been a fan of trash art, art that takes something that is considered trash or junk and transforms it into art. But lately I have been seeing a lot of art that is just trash...... that it....... not put in any context or glorified but just it it self.


 Artist Peter Bonde, Jason Rhoades


 So one has to think, well this is considered art, and it is in a gallery so maybe there is something to this I am not getting. So lets break it down, there is trash all over the place, people produce a lot of waist and more so Americans, we glorify things that are useless and worthless and then are turned into trash only moments after. We are trash? Are obsession with consuming is worthless? But really Contemporary art daily? This is art I find that hard to believe. I really do, I want an explanation about how this crap is art!

No comments:

Post a Comment